…well your ideas anyway.
Let me explain
I’ve been pondering the big four oh for a while now, weird because mentally I think I’ll always be perpetually about fifteen but hey ho. I suppose I view reaching this age, like a lot of people, as something of a milestone. Now, I’ll admit that I’m not quite there yet (my 40th birthday isn’t actually until 24th July 2014. Feel free to mark it on your calendars NOW people!) but it has given me a bit of an idea. I’ve decided that from my thirty-ninth birthday until the big day I am going to attempt forty tasks that I’ve never done before. You know, sort of a bucket list type thingee.
This audacious plan involves me creating a new website where I’ll blog about my various adventures and maybe even get some amusing photos/videos posted. I’ve purchased the domain name pablodoes40things.co.uk (calm down, don’t go there yet just yet. I’ll let you know when it’s live.)
To begin with though I need a bit of help from you lovely virtual pixes that live in the InterTubes. I need some suggestions of things that I can try/do as part of my mission. There are only three rules to this.
- Firstly, I really can’t do heights AT ALL so I wont be throwing myself out of any planes or bungee jumping naked off Big Ben.
- Secondly, I’m not independently wealthy so cost is a factor. Please take that into consideration if you have an idea.
- Finally – I am a delicate flower so contact sports are out. (Sad I know, pesky brain injury. I always imagined I’d be rather good a rugby.)
To give you an idea of that sort of thing I am talking about here is the list as it currently stands.
- Ice Skating
- Read ‘Catcher in The Rye’
- Knife and Axe Throwing
- Visit Stonehenge
- Visit Glastonbury Tor
- Skype someone in another country
- Walk a dog (I’ve been with people who have walked their dogs but I’ve never actually walked a dog myself. I know, crazy).
- Got to an observatory
- Enter a race. (They tell me that it’s the taking part that counts.)
- Watch the number one film from each year from 1974 onwards. For reference I’m using this site http://www.films101.com/y1974r.htm
- Get my back waxed (*gulps*)
- Climb a mountain
- Go to a ballet
- Eat a Pontefract cake
- Go to an opera
- Create a short film
- Attend a dance class (not sure what style yet?)
Sadly (you may have noticed) I’ve only have twenty things at the moment. You all have to help!!! and remember this is things I have never done before.
If you have an idea feel free to leave a comment or drop me a line at email@example.com
I look forward to your nonsense with anticipation.
Pablo “does 40 things before he’s 40″ Cheesecake