I’ve been thinking about this for a couple of days now and I thought I would finally write something down. I have decided that in 2011 I’m going to go the whole resolution route. If my little escapade last year taught me anything it was that if I stick to a task I can complete it. Bearing that in mind I have decided I’m going to do the following.
- 20000 sit-ups in 2011. I figure if I can cycle 500 kilometers in 2010 then I can up my game and try something I bit more hardcore as it were.
- More writing – Not in the way you think though. I’ve bought myself a diary and I’m keeping it to myself. I think it will help me make sure I remember things a bit better. I find unless I have a to-do list my personal time management really suffers. Fuck that sounds awfully grown up. Not sure I like the sound of this or not. Time will tell.
- More reading – I think I need to push myself out of my comfort zone a bit more. I tend to fall back on the same genres and themes whenever I look for a new book. Hopefully this will broaden my horizons a bit.
- Eating better – I always suffer a bit around Christmas. At the moment I am firmly wallowing in the post Christmas doldrums. I need to eat better. More of my five a day and all that. I hope this will work well in conjunction with point one.
- Try and get over my shyness – Once I know you I’m all good but until I do I tend to be bit awkward and can a appear somewhat brash. This is all front on my part (God this is why I love the Interweb. I can pretend I am talking to myself and it is much easier to get this sort of stuff out there). I just need to get better at talking to people face to face.
So there you have it. Will I achieve all these goals? Will I be a farty blubbery mess by the end of January? Fuck knows. Hang around I’m bound to let you all know.