This afternoon I was busy working and listening to my iPod. As is often the case a random thought just popped into my noggin. I often blog about films I’ve seen recently but don’t often revisit my favourites. I thought I would try to establish a list of 10 films that make my life better and also try to explain why. I should add a note at this point that the list is in no particular order.
- Krull – The theme to this film always cheers me up. I can’t explain why it just makes me smile. Regular readers will know that I am a sucker for good music. That and part of me really would like a flying horse, fuck who wouldn’t.
- Who Dares Wins – If testosterone was collected from every action star to grace the silver screen, distilled, dried and reconstituted as celluloid the resultant film would not be as action pack as this eighties gem.
- Brazil – I work in an office, I will always work in an office. I have made my peace with the universe regarding this. Mr Gilliam helped.
- The Dark Knight – I read comics. This is the best comic book based film I have ever seen.
- Saturday Night Fever – Sometimes when I walk down the street in my head I’m Tony Monero. I don’t care who knows it!
- Aliens – I like Alien but I love Aliens. Game over man
- The Long Good Friday – Best Gangster film ever. Gritty as fuck and all the better for it.
- The Italian Job – I cannot convey in words what this film means to me. It warms my heart every time. 1969 brought the world this film and my soulmate. Best year ever.
- Flash Gordon – If this film was a dairy product it would be cheese. It is a beautiful explosion of sight and sound….oh and Brian Blessed is in it.
- It’s a Wonderful Life – you know…it is.
Quick to the living room and lets slip one of these beauties on!